BDSN BH channels changed to 40 Hz sampling
June 15, 2004June 15, 2004
The BSL converted most - but not quite all - of the BDSN BH data streams from 20 samples per second to 40 samples per second at the beginning of the GMT day on June 15th (day 167). This change affects: BDM, BKS, BRIB (broadband sensor only), CMB, CVS, FARB, HOPS, HUMO, JCC, JRSC, MHC, MNRC, MOD, ORV, PACP, PKD, POTR, RFSB (surface strong-motion only), SAO, SCCB, WDC, and YBH. Stations BRK, KCC, and WENL will be converted at the beginning of day 168.
As a result of this upgrade, stations CMB and SCCB are currently down, but we anticipate that they will be back up shortly.
This change in sampling rate was made in order to be consistent with the USArray specifications. USArray is part of the Earthscope project to study the structure and evolution of the North American continent.
June 16, 2004 - update
We completed the migration of the remaining BDSN stations today - BRK, KCC, and WENL. In addition, both CMB and SCCB have been brought back online.
The NCEDC is a joint project of the University of California, Berkeley and the USGS. Please send us email at email@example.com or fill out our comments form if you have questions or comments about these changes.
- 2003 San Simeon Earthquake (5)
- 2004 Parkfield Earthquake (3)
- Berkeley Digital Seismic Network (BDSN, BK) (11)
- Bugs (6)
- Calpine/LBL Geysers data (BG) (8)
- Catalogs (21)
- Data Access Methods (15)
- Data Availability (25)
- Data Center Operations (19)
- Data Center Outages (9)
- Data Distribution (3)
- Data Holdings (16)
- Earthquake Catalogue (21)
- Earthquake Depths (3)
- Earthquake Locations (9)
- High Resolution Seismic Network (HRSN, BP) (4)
- Magnitude (10)
- Magnitude Errors (4)
- Metadata (4)
- Northern California Earthquake Data Center (NCEDC) (14)
- Northern California Seismic System (NCSS) (7)
- Northern Hayward Fault Network (NHFN, BK) (3)
- SEED format (6)
- Sampling Rate (3)
- Strain Data (3)
- The Geysers (5)
- Timing Errors (3)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) (3)
- UC Berkeley Seismological Laboratory (BSL) (4)
- USGS Northern California Seismic Network (NCSN) (11)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Waveform Data (29)
- Web Services (4)