EVT_FAST Request Form
EVT_FAST was initially developed as an interim tool for accessing NCSS data in lieu of the SEED-tools. We continue to support EVT_FAST and have modified the interface to provide SEED and MiniSEED output as well as support for SEED 'SNCL' requests.
Changes effective 2004/11/11:
- By default, you will receive ALL of the waveforms for each NCSS event you request. However, you can now select a subset of channels. This channel list applies to ALL events in your request.
- The waveform data channel will now be named with the approriate SEED channel names, NOT with original NSSN USGS channel names. For example, the SEED channel name EHZ refers to a 100 Hz data channel, whereas the NCSS USGS channel was VHZ.
- Use SeismiQuery or the NCSN station list and NCSN station list documentation for a current list of NCSN stations and channels.
Changes effective 2013/01/15:
- The EVT_FAST system can now be used with events from different earthquake catalogs.
The NCEDC currently serves events from 2 distinct earthquake catalogs:
- the NCSS catalog for northern California,
- the EGS catalog for DOE Enhanced Geothermal Systems monitoring.
The EVT_FAST request mechanism is based on email. When you send an EVT_FAST request in an email to the NCEDC, the NCEDC extracts the waveforms for the events from its archive, converts the waveforms for each event to the specified data format, places the converted waveforms in its anonymous ftp directory, and sends you email with the URL for the waveforms. The waveforms will be in a gzipped tar file.
You may use this form to create and submit an EVT_FAST request, or you can create your own EVT_FAST request by reading the EVT_FAST documentation and emailing the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.