FISSURES framework implemented at the NCEDC
November 11, 2004
We are pleased to announce that the BSL has implemented the FISSURES/DHI framework at the NCEDC. FISSURES is an IRIS project, led by the University of South Carolina.
Several FISSURES/DHI services have been implemented at the NCEDC and are available now:
- Seismogram Service: (Waveform Information)
- Continuous waveforms for BK,BP,CI,NC,NN,UL networks
- Coming soon! Event waveforms for NCSN network (BK,CI,LA,NC,NN,NP,WR network codes)
- Event Services: (Parametric Information)
- BDSN catalogs from January 1984 to Present.
- Coming soon! Historic BDSN catalogs from 1910 to 1984.
- NCSN catalogs from July 1966 to December 2002.
- Coming soon! Current NCSN catalogs from 2003 to Present.
- Network Service: (Instrument Responses)
- Instrument responses for networks AZ,BK,BP,CI,LB,NC,NN,NP,UL,US.
- Coming soon! Instrument responses for WR network and completion of NN network.
The NCEDC implementation supports the following FISSURES clients:
- VASE - Visualization and Seismogram Extraction (Waveform information)
- GEE - Global Earthquake Explorer (parametric information)
- JEvalResp Instrument responses
- JPlotResp Instrument responses
More information on FISSURES and the Data Handling Interface is available from the University of South Carolina:
- Data Handling Infrastructure at the DMS
- DMS Node Focus: University of South Carolina
- Data Handling Interface for FISSURES
- JEvalResp and JPlotResp versions 1.0 Released
- FISSURES-Matlab interface
The NCEDC is a joint project of the University of California, Berkeley and the USGS. Please send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our comments form if you have questions or comments about these changes.