Minor Data Formatting Error Corrected at the NCEDC
November 23, 2002November 23, 2002
On November 23, 2002, the NCEDC discovered a minor data formatting error in some the MiniSEED and SEED data for days 2002/11/17 through 2002/11/23 (days 2002.321 through 2002.327).
The error is not serious, and does not affect any data values. A "reserved field" in the SEED data record that should be blank was erroneously set to the NULL value.
If you have any retrieved any SEED data from the NCEDC for this this timeperiod, we suggest that you re-retrieve this data from the NCEDC. As of 2002/11/23,16:15 PST, all of the erroneously formatted data has been fixed at the NCEDC.
The NCEDC apologizes for this error. Please contact
Doug Neuhauser if you have any questions.
The NCEDC is a joint project of the University of California, Berkeley and the USGS. Please send us email at email@example.com or fill out our comments form if you have questions or comments about these changes.
- 2003 San Simeon Earthquake (5)
- 2004 Parkfield Earthquake (3)
- Berkeley Digital Seismic Network (BDSN, BK) (11)
- Bugs (6)
- Calpine/LBL Geysers data (BG) (8)
- Catalogs (21)
- Data Access Methods (16)
- Data Availability (28)
- Data Center Operations (22)
- Data Center Outages (9)
- Data Distribution (3)
- Data Holdings (16)
- Earthquake Catalogue (21)
- Earthquake Depths (3)
- Earthquake Locations (9)
- High Resolution Seismic Network (HRSN, BP) (4)
- Magnitude (10)
- Magnitude Errors (4)
- Metadata (4)
- Northern California Earthquake Data Center (NCEDC) (14)
- Northern California Seismic System (NCSS) (7)
- Northern Hayward Fault Network (NHFN, BK) (3)
- SEED format (6)
- Sampling Rate (3)
- Strain Data (3)
- The Geysers (5)
- Timing Errors (3)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) (3)
- UC Berkeley Seismological Laboratory (BSL) (4)
- USGS Northern California Seismic Network (NCSN) (11)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Waveform Data (32)
- Web Services (5)